JOB POST DATE: 2/6/13 // STATUS: THIS POSITION IS OPEN
JOB DESCRIPTION:Under general supervision, create and maintain the accounting records for the company using QuickBooks Enterprise software. Reconcile all accounts as needed on a monthly basis. Interface directly with the owners and outside CPA firm. Assist the owners in designing and running reports that provide business analysis and results. Perform banking functions as required. Must live in Austin, TX or be willing to relocate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Setup and Accounting Records:
- Create and maintain QuickBooks company files for each entity.
- Create and maintain vendor records, including contact information, 1099 eligibility, payment terms, and any other information required.
- Create and maintain customer records including contact information, sales tax eligibility, and sales contracts.
- Design and create a company invoice form and other forms, such as sales receipts and estimates as needed.
- Create and maintain service and/or product and inventory items for sale, including pricing, taxability, and inventory balances and re-order points, if applicable.
- Create and maintain employees including contact information, payroll salary or rate information, and related employment data, such as W-4s and other new hire paperwork.
- Enter and pay bills in QuickBooks.
- Invoice customers and enter invoices into QuickBooks.
- Download bank and credit card transactions into QuickBooks. Record transactions appropriately.
- Prepare or monitor the preparation of payroll.
- Make journal entries as directed.
REPORTING AND RECONCILIATION
- Track the cash balance and alert the owners with regular cash flow reports.
- Design, create, prepare, and distribute reports for the owners, outside CPA firm. These reports include dashboard metrics, account balances, profit and loss figures, sales totals, and transactional reports.
- Reconcile bank accounts and perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts.
- Maintain and periodically take inventory and adjust the books as needed
- Create and file sales tax reports.
INTERFACE AND MISC.
- Make bank deposits, order checks, verify bank drafts and charges, and resolve bank errors.
- Answer questions from vendors, employees, and customers about their bills, paychecks, and invoices.
- Perform miscellaneous, industry-specific, job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability and knack for working with numerical data. Attention to detail. Accurate.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, ADP payroll or similar payroll system.
- Knowledge of business and accounting terms such as profit, ROI, assets, liabilities, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Innovative and creative in the form of continuous improvement to internal processes.
- Two-year community college business degree with bookkeeping or accounting courses required.
- Three-five years experience as a bookkeeper preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Pay is salary based on experience and talent.
- 12 days paid vacation NOT including taking the week off from Christmas to New Years
- Choice of Health and Dental insurance plan included
- 401K option
- Work in the coolest city in the US, Austin, TX
- Fully stocked beer fridge, keg and bourbon bar
If you are serious about the job, please send your resume to workatthechive[at]gmail[dot]com with subject line: Chivery Bookkeeper