JOB POST DATE: 11/20/2013 // STATUS: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
The Chivery is expanding and looking for a Merchandise Planner. Do you have what it takes to manage, forecast, and predict current and future product sales? The Merchandise Planner position is for you! Work in a fast paced and slightly-drunk environment and help The Chivery to achieve their sales goals. No ties allowed. Previous training and experience in the Merchandise planning field is required. Must love dogs.
About the Position:
- The Merchandising Planner / Inventory Analyst will be responsible for establishing and maintaining complete and accurate inventory records, modeling expected product sales and working closely with our Merchandise/Purchasing Manager to ensure accurate inventory levels are maintained.
- Experience is essential for this position, as this will be a new position for us. We are looking for someone who can draw on their past experiences(s) to add value to our business day 1.
- From a systems perspective, we currently use Netsuite for our ERP, Magento for our shopping cart and a CSV based reporting program to communicate with our distributor. We would be open to other inventory based software programs to overlay those if necessary.
- Must have advanced Excel skills, as this position requires creating reports and managing all aspects pertaining to merchandising; use of vlookups, pivot tables, creating formulas, templates & macros as well as extracting data from multiple programs to create comprehensive streamlined data delivery. Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from numerical data or information; ability to combine and use information from multiple sources; ability to analyze data according to company policy.
- Organizing and maintaining an uptodate filing system for product line sheets; providing quick and easy access; Research/resolve vendor shipment issues including pricing and product description discrepancies; Direct vendor communication, as requested by the buyer; Tracking, organizing and managing vendor samples to meet deadlines and with a high level of accuracy; Direct store communication, as requested by the buyer; Responsible for preparing, listing for physical inventory at our distribution center monthly.
- These functions include, but are not limited to, forecasting and rebuying assortment and catalog merchandise, timely replenishment to our webstore to maximize customer satisfaction and company profits, and achieving in stock goal. The Planner/Analyst is responsible for achieving or surpassing planned category performance and productivity standard.
- Planning & Organizing: Ability to organize and schedule the work of self and others. Ability to define steps or resources needed to attain a goal. Must have the ability to set priorities among conflicting or competing goals and activities.
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses
- Influencing and Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals Process Management: Can identify and articulate the processes necessary to get things down efficiently and align resources effectively complete activities
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
- Risk Management: Anticipate risks and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruptions when risks occur
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skill
- E-commerce experience, a plus
Years of Experience:
At least 3 years
If you are serious about the job, please send your resume to workatthechive[at]gmail[dot]com with subject line: Merchandiser Planner
This position is located in Austin, TX, you must be willing to relocate!